if you follow me on instagram, you may remember that i posted this little gem a few weeks back. smitten with all of the jumpsuits i’d been seeing online, but a little wary of the price tags, i decided to take things into my own hands and try sewing-up something of my own. i picked up this navy cotton/linen blend, and after browsing through vintage patterns on etsy, settled on a few good options to try. mind you, i haven’t sewn anything since i was in high school, and even then, i think my mom probably ended up doing the bulk of the work. obviously i didn’t want anything too complicated, so i went with this oversized style, essentially made with four panels of fabric.
i followed the directions without doing a proper fitting, so it wasn’t a huge surprise when i discovered that it was several sizes too big. a few alterations later and here’s my progress. i think i might make the legs a bit more tapered, but either way, it’s been good practice and now i’m feeling confident enough to try something a bit more complicated.
as far as the styling, the look is a little more cabbages & roses/mori girl/kinfolk than i had intended. i had just bought that fedora about an hour before taking these pictures, and i happened to have pretty dirty hair, so on it went. that coupled with the linen is definitely giving a more crafty vibe than i’m used to, but i still really liked the look. so here’s to more sewing projects this summer!