remember a while back when i kicked-off a series of guest posts? well, i know it’s been a while since the last one (see: rebecca), but i still have a ton of really awesome guest bloggers lined up. and today i am excited to welcome jessica of what i wore! she has been a great inspiration to me over the years, and i am honored to have her here today! if you aren’t already familiar with her, then you might not know that she recently released a book titled what i wore: four seasons, one closet, endless recipes for style. so in celebration of her new book, i thought it would be fun if she cooked up a little outfit recipe for me!
“I’m so excited to guest post for Erin today on Cali Vintage. Erin and I first met two years ago at the Weardrobe Conference in NYC and have been good friends ever since. I love Erin’s sense of style, so I opted to illustrate some pieces I can absolutely see in her closet.
1. Tortoise Spectacles – I love how Erin is always a step ahead of the curve in her choice in eyewear. These frames have such a vintage sensibility to them and I actually think you may have already seen similar glasses in Erin’s outfit posts!
2. Short Red Dress – The dressed screamed ERIN to me for a handful of reasons 1) she loves little details (the white piping on the collar and sleeves is adorable) 2) anything remotely nautical makes me think of Cali Vintage 3) The girl’s got gams!
3. Geo Necklace – I’m not sure what about this necklace caught my eye, but it’s definitely very now, which is why I think Erin would dig it!
4. Retro Two Piece Swim Suit – One of my favorite aspects of Erin’s style is that she can look very vintage, yet oh-so-now at the same time. The high rise bottoms in this set have that pin up quality (which looks great on Erin), but the top is a little more modern.
5. Chunky Bootie – Erin wears the highest heels and is always onto the next thing in footwear. After experiencing some of San Francisco’s hills last week, I have a feeling this rough traction would come in handy for her as well!
6. Red Lipstick – I wish more women would rock red lipstick as fearlessly as Erin!”
check out more of jessica’s awesome illustrations, daily outfits, and inspiration at what i wore!