spot on

wore this outfit over the weekend to visit the lick observatory on the top of mt. hamilton in the south bay. we’ve frequently gone on day trips up mt. tamalpais and mt. diablo, so we decided it was high time we explored another mountain top in our area. it was a long and very windy road up to the top and we couldn’t believe how freezing cold it was up there. the car thermometer read 37 degrees and we could even see a few chunks of ice along the road. needless to say, i wasn’t prepared even when i pulled on a big coat and wrapped myself in a blanket that we keep in the car. so we poked around, took a look at a big telescope, and made our way back to civilization.

rather than head right home, we decided to to a bit of exploring in san jose. we happened upon a big vintage shop called black and brown where i managed to score a ton of new stuff. all of the kids working there were very sweet and chatty, and we actually got a good recommendation for a dinner spot where we feasted on spicy jerk chicken. all in all, it was a very pleasant way to spend a weekend day.

wearing: lauren moffatt mrs. dollaway dotted sweater, lauren moffatt lolita velvet jumper, vintage salvatore ferragamo vara pumps in navy, coach classics leather shoulder bag in cream, nars lipstick in fire down below

26 Responses to spot on

1. Sarah November 12, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

That sounds like such a wonderful weekend day! Love your use if polka-dots and your signature high hemline :) I can see why you would have been cold, but it’s cute enough to be worth it!

Sarah

• erin (calivintage) November 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

haha yes, if i had any idea it was so freezing up there, i would have worn something different!

2. Jillian November 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Absolutely LOVE the polka dots! Glad you had a blanket to keep warm!
    Très chic et jolie!
    ~Jillian

3. Priscilla P November 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

That dress is amazing, and you look gorgeous!

4. Ron McQuade November 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

I love the dress, it’s so damn cute with it’s giant pockets. Lauren Moffatt things are so perfect I wish I could wear them all sometimes.

• erin (calivintage) November 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

i know what you mean! i just want to buy up her entire collections and just live in them. and i want to wear them exactly the same way they’re styled in the lookbooks. always so perfect!

5. diane November 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Black & Brown is the BEST! I’m so glad you stopped by there; slipped my mind to text you that myself, haha, so I’m glad you went!

• erin (calivintage) November 12, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

hehe, it’s ok. that’s what iphones are for. alos black & brown was so cute. there were tons of high school and college kids in there and they all seemed so proud to be shopping there. it gave me the impression that it was like the coolest spot in san jose haha.

• diane November 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

haha, it is the coolest spot in san jose! there’s an amazing used bookstore i used to frequent that’s on the same street (it’s called recycle books – did you guys go there? i bet brendan would love it; it is good good good. if you didn’t, you guys should go there next time!) and i used to volunteer at the lgbt center like a block away (organizing and cataloging the books in their library, haha). so therefore, the alameda is the coolest spot in san jose.

6. Kate November 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Loving that dress and the pop of yellow on the collar is perfect :) Vintage shops are the best, I need to do some thrifting soon. Sounds like a lovely weekend (despite the cold)

7. Hannah @ The Braided Bandit November 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

This is one of my favorite outfit’s from you ever! I live in Colorado so I definitely know how you feel driving up to the mountains- I can drive about 20 minutes up and there’s a huge difference! Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day though, minus the cold!
    xo Hannah

8. amber November 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

beauty!

9. Monique November 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

The white bag ads just the right touch! Love it!

10. Inspirareland November 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

You look so lovely in Lauren Moffatt!

11. Londyn November 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

You look is utter perfection!!!!

12. Kailey November 12, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

That lipstick is the perfect compliment to your jumper! Gorgeous <3

13. Jennifer November 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

You still have bare legs in the bay? You must be brave ;)

• erin (calivintage) November 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

hahaha oh yes, i am that girl who refuses to wear tights in the winter and then complains about being too cold! but really it’s not too bad here. it was in the high 60s today in oakland. if i were in sf, i probably would have broken down and added a layer.

14. Samira November 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

super cute!!!

15. Leah November 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Love this! adds to your sass : )

16. Sweet Harvest Moon November 13, 2012 at 5:51 am #

Adorable dress!

17. girl@boroughvintage November 13, 2012 at 6:51 am #

Adorable dress! I Want!!!

18. riris November 13, 2012 at 7:53 am #

I Love your dotted sweeter, it’s looks warmy and comfortable, really cool. :)

19. Leah November 13, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

Hi there Erin!

I always notice you sporting some Ferragamo Varas and I thought you would appreciate this fashion cause… I’m hosting a Ferragamo benefit on my site with all proceeds going to aid the city of Detroit. Would love it if you could help spread the word. xoxo!

Leah

20. Fashion eCommerce November 28, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Love the dress!!

21. Danielle Drummond June 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Those POCKETS! Really really cool. I love the shape of them – it really makes the dress stand out! I love little, strange details like that. http://www.StingyStyle.net