oh baby!

so i’m just gonna cut to the chase because it’s already pretty obvious… i’m pregnant! and not just a little bit. i’m kinda sorta already 20 weeks along, i.e. 4 1/2 months, i.e. halfway through my pregnancy! i didn’t mean to keep it a secret for quite so long, but life has been full of big changes lately what with packing up all of my belongings and moving my entire life from san francisco to los angeles. i spent almost three weeks staying in a hotel in burbank while commuting to work and spending all of my free time hunting for an apartment, and we just barely unloaded the uhaul truck into our new home last week. so in all of the chaos and excitement, i am only just barely getting back into the swing of things. and during that time my belly bump has begun to protrude! and my little baby dude is swimming around in there, practicing his ninja moves and getting ready for his arrival at the very beginning of january.

so now that we’re caught up to speed, here is my very first maternity outfit post. at this point, most of my clothes no longer fit my uncomfortably large bust-line (32g, anyone?), and even my oversized clothes are bursting at the belly seams. when i packed up to move, i kinda knew that most of my clothes would most likely be staying in those boxes for at least another six months. fortunately for me (and not so fortunately for my wallet), i get to have fun picking out new clothes and i’m back on a super 1960s kick, which is perfect because all of those a-line dresses and baby-doll silhouettes are just what i need to accommodate my rapidly expanding waistline.

wearing: anna sui dress, vintage mary janes from pretty pennyfurla candy bagnars lipstick in fire down below

74 Responses to oh baby!

1. Twee Valley High August 26, 2013 at 9:06 am #

OhMyGosh! Congratulations! This is a wonderful maternity look. You look amazing! Hope to see you sometimes during fashion week. xo

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 9:10 am #

yep, i’ll be there for the duration! i hear there is a meet-up in the park again this year, but i haven’t seen the flyer yet. can’t wait to see you! and thank you!!!

2. Jade Sheldon-Burnsed August 26, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Oh my word!!! I am so happy for your growing family…

3. hello DODO August 26, 2013 at 9:10 am #

How EXCITING! :D
    Congratulations!! Also, you don’t look anywhere even close to being
    half way through pregnancy, cute bump :o)

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 9:13 am #

hehe, thank you! i totally expected for my belly to be much bigger by now, but i guess it’s just the way he is positioned. at my ultrasound last week they said he is actually measuring a week bigger than he should be!

4. Mandi August 26, 2013 at 9:12 am #

Oh my gosh, Erin! CONGRATS! You will be such a great mama. And a stylish one at that! I can totally relate to the boob situation. All of the clothes that I thought would fit during pregnancy (the dresses w/out strict waists) totally didn’t because of my big mama jamas. But if it’s any consolation, they do go down after a few months postpartum, and even sooner if you don’t breast feed. Anyways, tempted to write a novel here, but I’ll refrain! You look lovely! So excited for you!

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 9:20 am #

oh write as much as you want! i would love to hear anything and everything you have to say about it! we should be pen pals! i really related to you when you posted your baby news as i went through the same thing prior to this pregnancy. and yes, just like you said, so many unexpected surprises. the bump isn’t even that big yet, but i almost immediately couldn’t fit into anything. it’s insane!

5. Tess August 26, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Congratulations Erin!! SO happy for you :) I loved the Los Feliz neighborhood in LA and hope you are so happy there!

6. katrina @ the demure muse blog August 26, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Congratulations Erin!! What exciting news! Wow, can’t believe how you’ve been able to keep up with the big move and keeping this a secret too. Can’t wait to hear more about your new adventure :)

7. kallie August 26, 2013 at 9:24 am #

AHH! Congratulations, that is so exciting!!! I love that you’re staying true to your style while pregnant. You look amazing :)

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 10:25 am #

haha thanks! it’s pretty easy since a lot of ’60s styles either have empire waists or tent shapes. but i’m not gonna lie, the moment i get home, i pull on a giant mexican dress (which i refer to as my muumuu) and prop my feet up on the couch.

8. meagan August 26, 2013 at 9:39 am #

Congratulation!! You’re gonna be a momma! Your lil boy will be super stylin’ and is lucky to have someone as sweet as you taking care of him. Best of luck to you and your family in the future, and enjoy LA.

9. Abi August 26, 2013 at 9:47 am #

Oh my goodness!! Congrats!! You look phenomenal. So excited to read along through your pregnancy. I’m just 5 weeks ahea with a baby boy myself… Isn’t the kicking such a bizarre and wonderful experience??

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 10:27 am #

yes! i don’t know if i said it yet, but congratulations to you, too! i’ve totally been lurking on you since you announced the news. my little one is actually pretty mellow in there. he is very gentle when he moves around, but i’m wondering if as he gets bigger, he’ll start kicking me harder. all strange and wonderful and exciting indeed!

10. hannah August 26, 2013 at 10:01 am #

SOFA KING EXCITING

11. Kansas Couture August 26, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Congratulations, Erin! You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!

12. Liz August 26, 2013 at 10:11 am #

All I can say and feel is: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a feeling there was some extra news brewing, and I’m so thrilled that this is it. So happy for you and Brendan, and can’t wait to see you in NYC in a few weeks!

13. Lidia Sagastume August 26, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Congratulations, Erin! You look lovely! And welcome to LA :) Can’t wait to see some LA backdrops in your pictures.

14. Crystal Lee August 26, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Congrats! You look adorable! Can’t wait to see how you incorporate vintage into your maternity wardrobe. Also, since you’re in LA now, you can always hit up Olvera Street for tons of cute (and affordable) Mexican dresses.

15. Corazón August 26, 2013 at 10:42 am #

Congratulations on the baby! You look adorable in that dress. As a Bay Area girl, I am sad to see you leave Oakland but LA has it’s highlights as well! :)
    Xoxo, Corazón

16. caitlin of wanderlustings August 26, 2013 at 11:12 am #

Woohooo! Congratulations Erin!! Can’t wait to see you bust that baby bump out in all your 1960′s mod glory!!

17. Kristi McMurry August 26, 2013 at 11:33 am #

Congratulations!!! You look gorgeous :) So excited for you.

18. Tilly August 26, 2013 at 11:33 am #

Huge congratulations! And bonus that it means more sixties babydoll dresses – hurrah!

19. Elizabeth August 26, 2013 at 11:39 am #

Huzzah!!! So excited for you guys! You’re looking fabulous, mama. :D

20. Prettygreentea August 26, 2013 at 11:39 am #

Congrats, how exciting!!

21. sanfranista August 26, 2013 at 11:43 am #

Oh my goodness- CONGRATULATIONS! That’s so amazing and fantastic :) I know “you’re glowing” is such a ridiculous cliche to say to a pregnant woman, but you really do look fantastic in those photos. I’m so happy for you!

I hope settling into LA life is going well- I was there last weekend and absolutely fell in love. Congrats again on all your life changes, and I look forward to following along with you as time goes on. Happy day!

22. poppy von frohlich August 26, 2013 at 11:49 am #

Wonderful news, welcome to motherhood!

23. Frannie Pantz August 26, 2013 at 11:49 am #

Congrats so much! It’s awesome to see you back in action again! Having three kiddos of my own, I totally get it.

24. Camille August 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

Waaah! Congratulations Erin, such great news!

25. laura redburn August 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm #

yay, congratulations! love this look too. and that bag, oh my!

26. Miha, skinny buddha August 26, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

Congratulationa Erin, I am super happy for you!!! You are surely the most gracious mom to be I have seen :)

27. Stefi August 26, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Congrats, he’s very lucky to have such a stylish mom. Have a name picked out yet?

28. Diane August 26, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

What, Erin, that’s amazing news! Congratulations, you’ll be one cool mama. (Sure goes to show how long it’s been since we last talked! We’re going to have to hook up next time I’m in L.A.!)

29. Fabioala "Fab" August 26, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

Congrats, Erin! So happy for you chic mama! :)

30. Brittany Curran (@workitberk) August 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

You look incredible.

31. lemondropvintage August 26, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

YAY for you, congrats! I hid for a looong time and then, boom, there it was. It is a lot of fun so enjoy all you can. And keep all those neat sonogram pics to use sometime, I am glad I did.

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

thank you! and oh yes! we got a really good shot of his profile, i’ll have to share it!!

32. Lindsay Thomson August 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

I am overcome with joy! Just goes to show how much of your personality and individuality you put into this blog – I’m reacting as if I personally know you! I really appreciate your presence on these here interwebs. Congratulations!

• erin (calivintage) August 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

aw, thank you! don’t you just love that? i get the same way when reading blogs, i just feel so connected to some of my online friends, even if i’ve never met them. and it’s so fun to follow along with people! thank you!!

33. chatti August 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

you look fantastic. and congratulations to the wonderful new addition to your life!!

34. kater August 26, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

AHH! Congratulations darling!

35. Rubee August 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm #

Congratulations! I love your dress. I will be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I here you when it comes to the expanding waist and bust (my newly bought 32f bras are starting to feel tight – yikes). I can’t wait to see how you style your bump.

36. Frida August 26, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

That’s really great news! Congratulations Erin!! 60s babydoll and high waist shilouettes seems to be a great choice – stylish AND comfy. You look wonderful in these pics, and blooming and oh-so-60s mom-to-be vibe!

37. kelsey August 26, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

oh my goodness congratulations! :)
    kw ladies in navy

38. seekingstyle935 August 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

Congratulations Erin! You will be a wonderful mom!
    Your new neighborhood looks super cute!
    I have a shoot with ModCloth in September, maybe we can meet!

39. Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys August 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm #

Awesome Erin! And this might be a weird thing to say, but I like that you’re a modern lady and didn’t have to treat us all to a blogger wedding first. Ok, maybe that was weird… but thanks for being real and 21st century. :P

• erin (calivintage) August 27, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

no, not a weird thing to say at all! marriage was definitely not something we felt we needed. it’s just nothing i’ve ever really wanted for myself or felt was necessary in my life. i did wonder if my grandparents or in-laws would “disapprove,” but even they understand that the world has changed! ;)

40. mariedoll August 26, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

Congratulations beautiful Erin! You look abs gorg. Loving your 60′s dolly bird maternity aesthetic.

41. Aurélie August 27, 2013 at 1:12 am #

Wow congrats! How many parents can say they have a little ninja boy ;)

Seems exciting to go through all those changes.

42. Fashion Candy August 27, 2013 at 2:30 am #

This is absolutely darling on you

43. Sweet Harvest Moon August 27, 2013 at 2:56 am #

Congratulations, Erin! :)

44. Kailey August 27, 2013 at 6:22 am #

OH MY GOODNESS ;___; Biggest of congratulations to you Erin! I’m so excited to follow you through this journey and get to know your little baby when he or she arrives! ♡♡♡

45. Lauren August 27, 2013 at 7:17 am #

Hooray! Congratulations! You look beautiful as always. And ha, ha! When I got pregnant, I totally wasn’t prepared for the amount of boobage that would ensue. Needless to say, it all goes back to normal… unfortunately for me, because I loved having the extra ladies! ;)

46. Rachel August 27, 2013 at 8:24 am #

Congrats!!! Very happy for you and you look lovely in that dress! xo

47. Nicole August 27, 2013 at 9:06 am #

awww mama erin! i’m excited for you :)

48. natalie August 27, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

omg congrats babe!! SOOO EXCITING EEEP! You look fab as always boo! x

Natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

49. TheKimmie Chronicles (@KimmieChron) August 27, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

Congratulations!!! I hope you have an amazing pregnancy. You look fabulous and can’t wait to hear about your move and all the fun changes!

50. Bethany August 28, 2013 at 7:18 am #

I love the hairstyle + this dress together! So adorable!

51. julenecakes August 28, 2013 at 9:38 am #

Congrats! You look adorable as usual. :)

Gypsy Plunder Vintage (Sale!)

52. steffy August 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

congratulations erin!!! i’ve loved watching your style throughout the years, and i am sure youll be the most stylish mom around! your little bump is the best :)

53. Biancab August 28, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

I literally still cant wrap my mind around 32g…

ANYWAY you are glowing! you look lovely as ever, jeez I cant believe your buying a house an popping out babies…look at you all grown

• erin (calivintage) August 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

well, i’ve always been a rather busty lady, so it’s just like more of the same. but yes, i think that it technically qualifies as a hat size hahaha!

and yes, all grown up. i was thinking it was weird how everyone is having babies, but then i was like, oh yeah, we all grew up. i’m an old lady now! 30!!

54. Aya August 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

Congratulations Erin! This is so exciting!

55. Hannah @ The Braided Bandit August 28, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

You look wonderful! Congratulations I am so excited to follow along on your baby journey! :)
    xo Hannah

56. hannahgg95 August 29, 2013 at 7:38 am #

Congrats, beautiful!! You are going to make such a lovely and fashionable mama!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

57. vermontmama August 29, 2013 at 8:04 am #

Congrats congrats!! I commented on instagram (l_e_s) but I’m newly on wordpress so I thought I’d finally come out of lurking for real and comment here too. I’m so thrilled for you, and also selfishly thrilled that I get to continue to look for you to inspiration through maternity wear and maybe maybe into little boys wear, nursery design and the like? I’m 26 weeks along myself, with a boy, and though I’m over the mood I’ve have been struggling with the fact that one by one my favorite pieces are being relegated to the back of my closet and I expand and expand and expand…

but more importantly, being pregnant and parenthood are such a trip, yes an exhausting one, but totally amazing too. Congratulations!

(And sorry for the long first comment, especially after having been luring for so long in silence, but loving your blog all the while…)

• erin (calivintage) August 29, 2013 at 9:04 am #

your comment is much appreciated, thank you! i feel the same as you, i’ve totally been lurking on the blogs of many mamas-to-be hoping to get some tips on everything i might need: clothes, baby stuff, books, etc. i rarely leave comments (hard to imagine how shy i can be haha), but really enjoy getting a glimpse into how people are handling all of these crazy life changes. and i definitely have plans to continue sharing my outfits and i think for the first time i’ll be sharing my home decor as i move into my new space and will definitely be taking time to talk about baby stuff!

58. pja6 August 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

Congrats!! Woah!! This is amazing news!

59. Monika September 4, 2013 at 11:26 am #

Just now seeing this, congrats on the bambino! :)

60. Gisela&Zoe (@giselaandzoe) September 6, 2013 at 11:26 am #

Congrats! so exciting!! can’t wait to see all your pregnancy outfits ;)…you look great!

61. Victoria / Justice Pirate September 9, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

This is a great outfit! Again, congratulations on your pregnancy. That is great about the move too!

62. fawn September 10, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

Congratulations! I’m a wee bit late. You are going to love motherhood! :)

63. clotheswithkids September 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Congratulations!

1. minty fresh - calivintage - August 30, 2013

[...] in it much over the past 4.5 months because i have been told i should cut back for the sake of the little person growing inside of me. i didn’t have any coffee until about a month ago, but as time has gone on, i’ve gotten [...]