lauren moffatt fall 2013 presentation

one of the shows that i have come to anticipate the most during new york fashion week is lauren moffatt. though her line has been around for over 10 years, she just recently started showing during nyfw last year with a school-girl themed lineup for fall 2012. the following season, she brought us outdoors with a tennis-chic selection for spring 2013, and now she’s taking us to the catskill mountains with a very woodsy fall 2013 collection. her attention to detail, down to her adorable invites, always keeps me captivated. as the models hopped onto their little log platforms, i could find myself getting just as excited as if it were my first show, trying to contain my oohs and ahhs over those bold chevron dresses, fun prints, and pretty coats. she even had little matching handwarmers!

and the whole collection couldn’t have come at a better time as i just got back from a very dreamy trip to big sur that left me longing to go back again. a little woodland retreat right here in new york.

photos by me. i originally published them on the modcloth blog.

follow me on: tumblrinstagramtwitterfacebookpinterestbloglovin’

23 Responses to lauren moffatt fall 2013 presentation

1. moriah hemed February 8, 2013 at 10:26 am #

I must say Your posts about her always make me dream about going to NYFW! Hopefully this dream will come true soon

2. Fabiola "Fab" February 8, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Such a wonderful collection!

3. joy February 8, 2013 at 10:49 am #

this looks fabulous, funky and very cute!

4. Annika February 8, 2013 at 10:56 am #

soooo cute! And I loved the idea with the log-podiums!

5. liz February 8, 2013 at 10:59 am #

such a great collection

6. Marta February 8, 2013 at 11:08 am #

These photos are incredible!

7. Gisela&Zoe February 8, 2013 at 11:08 am #

she never disappoints!!

8. Jennifer February 8, 2013 at 11:12 am #

So many pretty prints and colors!

9. Fran February 8, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

Another gorgeous Lauren Moffatt collection. Will have to start saving my pennies up for a piece or two..

10. Naomi A February 9, 2013 at 7:00 am #

I love the long wavy hair and dreamy eyes that compliment the season’s pieces so well!

The Occasional Indulgence

11. Bianca February 9, 2013 at 7:44 am #

These are so trapped in the house suicide girls. I’m glad that the late 70s is coming back in a good way. Plus that Lauren Bacall wave is to die for. I love of moffat knows how to make a thoughtfully put together look, look so easy.

12. rachael February 9, 2013 at 8:10 am #

i love the romantic curls and the log round platforms! i think i saw them on instagram first and thought to myself “what the heck!” beautiful. congrats to lauren. here’s to modest lines!

13. moira February 9, 2013 at 9:53 am #

Still not over silk printed trousers <3

14. Rebecca February 9, 2013 at 10:16 am #

I’m such a fan of Lauren Moffatt’s designs, and I have to say – super excited about this collection! Your photos are fantastic.

15. Velveteen Mint February 10, 2013 at 7:21 am #

Amazing collection as always! I especially love what the girls in the first picture are wearing and the red, white, and blue chevron patterns.

16. yasmin February 10, 2013 at 8:03 am #

everything is utterly beautiful!
    always love her quirky designs and cute prints
    xx

17. Tessa February 10, 2013 at 12:54 pm #

Love the red, white and blue striped dress!

18. Jessica M February 12, 2013 at 6:17 am #

Cute! Love the bright colors and bold pattern choices for fall, really interesting! Can’t wait to get my hands on it =)
    -Jessica

19. deniz February 12, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

The shapes, colors, stripes everything is so GREAT!

1. Lauren Moffatt Fall 2013 | dress clothes - June 26, 2013

[...] One of the presentations I was most bummed to miss at NYFW was Lauren Moffatt’s. Since she started presenting her clothes at fashion week a few seasons ago she’s had some of the most creative and fun displays. This year she took her models to a quiet cabin-the only thing missing was s’mores. Location aside, that little yellow dress and the bright chevron mini need to get in my closet. pictures via Refinery29 & Erin of Calivintage [...]

2. lauren moffatt fall 2013 - calivintage - August 14, 2013

[...] may remember my photos from the lauren moffatt fall 2013 presentation back in february (see them here). well, today i thought i’d share my favorites from the pretty fall lookbook and a few more [...]

3. A little bit of inspiration from Lauren Moffatt’s Fall... | YO Status ->YO Status -> - August 24, 2013

[...] A little bit of inspiration from Lauren Moffatt’s Fall 2013 line. (via calivintage) [...]

4. Dress me in: Lauren Moffatt Fall 2013 | KITTENHOOD - August 27, 2013

[...] was presented in the mountains, with a cabin key for an invite, and the models up on log platforms (this is what it looked like). The prints are just how they’re supposed to be, the red and blue [...]