minty fresh

despite normally being the type of person who can’t function without a cup of coffee in the morning, i haven’t been indulging in it much over the past 4.5 months because i have been told i should cut back for the sake of the little person growing inside of me. i didn’t have any coffee until about a month ago, but as time has gone on, i’ve gotten more comfortable with a weekly cup (or two). and of course, being that i am now a resident of sweltering hot los angeles, a nice cold brew is my new drink of choice. i made this little recipe and gif for the modcloth blog earlier this week and figured i might as well share it here because it’s basically the best summer beverage ever (after this drink, which i could also easily enjoy every day).

12 Responses to minty fresh

1. Fabioala "Fab" August 30, 2013 at 8:56 am #

Looks quite refreshing! :)

2. Sarah Kyle (Lady Go Lightly) August 30, 2013 at 10:52 am #

This looks SO delicious. I must try it. And I’m still so very excited for a calivintage baby. Most stylish baby to come.

3. maukku August 30, 2013 at 10:57 am #

Definately need to try this one! Clever idea to make ice cubes out of coffee! Yummy!

you little charmer

4. vermontmama August 30, 2013 at 11:13 am #

I haven’t been drinking coffee mostly because I haven’t liked how it makes me feel right now, but ohh, do I want this drink Right Now. Yum. And pretty.

5. Chelsea Finn (@c_elizabeth93) August 30, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

That looks sooo good! I really want to try and make my own iced coffee at home again, somehow I always manage to get too many grounds in it

6. jessthetics August 30, 2013 at 2:55 pm #

This looks so tasty! I love the idea of mint in coffee :) xx

7. All in a Soiree August 30, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Cute little tutorial, gotta try making this!

8. Rubee August 31, 2013 at 3:20 am #

It looks so refreshing. I wax totally off coffee for the first 4 months of my pregnancy and I’ve only just started occasionally drinking it over the last two weeks. I used to drink loads but for a long time I just couldn’t even stand the smell!

9. petal and plume August 31, 2013 at 9:42 am #

whoa! yes, please! your blog is a dream
    xx

10. Annalise August 31, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Looks delicious! And reminds me of Philz coffee with the mint. Yum. PS I’m pregnant too, due in early February. It’s been hard to cut out the amount of coffee I used to drink, but it makes weekend coffee dates that absolute best! XOXO

11. breigh August 31, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

Yum! I’ve heard mint is wonderful with coffee, especially cold-press. I’m due with my first in early November and usually indulge with a single-shot americano a few times a week. No shame! Congrats on your little one :)

12. Megan September 12, 2013 at 8:16 am #

You are so good! I have been having one small (6 oz) cup every morning because my doctor gave me the ok but in the beginning I didn’t want it at all, the smell grossed me out so I stuck to tea. There are so many rules with pregnancy it’s crazy! I want to do the best I can and 9 months isn’t that long to give up things but I am really missing fancy stinky gooey french cheese :(