you guys, i’m in a book! earlier this year, i had the privilege of inviting moorea seal into my home to shoot some very special photos for her latest book project, make yourself at home. and it’s now available at fine book sellers across the nation!
if you aren’t familiar with moorea seal, she is the owner of her very own namesake seattle-based and online shop, in addition to being the best-selling author of the 52 lists project and 52 lists for happiness. both of which have become personal favorites for gift-giving, especially around this time of year. not sure if i can get away with gifting a book that features my own home, but you should because it’s such a special book and there are many other people featured among the pages. though if you are interested in what role our little house plays in the book, you’ll find us in the bedroom section where i talk about my daily life and share a few ideas for decorating your own room, or your kid’s room!
Organized room by room, each chapter of Make Yourself at Home: Design Your Space to Discover Your True Self, delves into what individual rooms represent in our lives, and how we can feel at home in our spaces and at home in ourselves. You don’t have to have the perfect life or perfect home in order to infuse your space with your unique perspective and cultivate a truly you home.
Each chapter includes:
– A personal essay from Moorea Seal about the meaning and purpose that defines each space in her home, with guidance on how to discover yourself in your own spaces.
– Exclusive looks into her home and work spaces with tips for inspired, mindful living.
– Modern, affordable, and beginner-friendly DIY projects to personalize and decorate your home.
– Looks into the unique homes and inspiring lives of a diverse set of creative women, with their best tips and tricks for comfortable, imaginative decor: Erin Perez Hagstrom of Calivintage, Diana LaCounte of Our City Lights, Brandy Brown of Marabou Design, Laura Gummerman of A Beautiful Mess, Brooke Eide of Fonchie and Flint Made, and Kim Kogane of Fresh Tangerine.
– Lessons on how to use colors, stylistic choices, different eras of vintage and antique decor, and more to reflect your unique personality and perspective in your home.
– Questions to guide you through what each room in your home represents to you, your well-being, and how you can best decorate to reflect your modes of being.
– All beautifully photographed by Marissa Maharaj.
get your copy of make yourself at home wherever books are sold!