people frequently ask me if i’d be willing to share a list of my most essential wardrobe items. i’ve been thinking a lot about this lately and decided to pull together a list of my current must-have basics. i know none of these are especially cheap if purchased new, but you can find the vintage/thrifted version of many of the items on the list. the idea is that these are– for me– the cream of the crop! they’re all really good, quality items made with very nice materials that i find myself wearing over and over again. if i could only have these items in a variety of different colors, i would be a very happy camper.
- j brand maria high rise skinny jeans. bonus points: did you know they’re made in california? if you’re on a budget, i would recommend cheap monday as an alternative.
- equipment silk blouses. for me, it’s all about the perfect, menswear-inspired fit. and they come in so many good colors and patterns, too! i’ve been stockpiling these guys whenever i find them on sale.
- j. crew cashmere boyfriend cardigans. again, they come in a variety of different colors and they’re so perfectly soft and warm!
- salvatore ferragamo vara flats. you can easily find these on ebay/etsy/in vintage shops for a fraction of the price.
- the j.w. hulme mini legacy bag. i wear this almost every day. and it’s made in the usa! also interchangeable with any of the coach classics. and yes, they can easily be thrifted and refurbished with a bit of leather conditioner! though i’ve recently been considering getting myself the willis bag…
- my trusty ysl rouge pur couture lipstick in le rouge. honestly, any red lipstick will do.
- karen walker sunglasses. they make the best statement sunglasses. i’m currently pretty in love with my number six shades.
do you have any wardrobe items you just can’t live without?