super casual

our second day in kauai was spent driving around the island and getting the lay of the land. we meandered along highway 56 from poipu all the way up to hanalei with a stop at mermaids cafe for ahi wraps along the way. unfortunately, we didn’t get to do much outside of the car because most of the day it was pouring rain. but we did get a taste of what the island has to offer peering out our car windos. i kept it super casual in this lauren moffatt jumpsuit. it’s actually the first time i have ever worn a jumpsuit in my adult life, and even though it’s not what you might typically expect to see me wearing, it just felt so perfect in the warm hawaii weather.

wearing: lauren moffatt alley overalls, lauren moffatt billie jean asymmetrical crochet sweater, swedish hasbeens peep toe super high clogsfieldguided endless bummer tote bag

22 Responses to super casual

1. Fabiola "Fab" March 26, 2013 at 11:34 am #

I adore this casual look on you! Love the sweater and the overall is super!

2. kelsey March 26, 2013 at 11:36 am #

what a great pantsuit!
    kw, http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

3. Jade Sheldon March 26, 2013 at 11:37 am #

I adore everything about this outfit. Comfortable but chic.

4. Jennifer March 26, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Adore!

5. Cortnie March 26, 2013 at 11:59 am #

Really lovin’ your Kauai looks! I’ve never donned a pantsuit in my adult life either but I’d be willing to try that one – so cute and comfy!

Love all your pics – can’t wait to visit there one day!

cortnie

• erin (calivintage) March 26, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

yeah, i’ve never actually considered wearing one, but this season, i’ve found myself oddly attracted to them. i guess i always thought they would be hard to pull off, but they’re just as easy as wearing pants, really!

6. deniz March 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm #

I was about to say that “oh I see you in pants maybe for the first time” then
    I figured out these are jump suits as you mention! Superb, I love it!!

• erin (calivintage) March 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

haha how funny! you should see my last post, i’m wearing jeans! boyfriend jeans at that! though in all honesty, i actually wear pants pretty often in my day to day life, i just usually don’t photograph them for some reason.

7. Naomi A March 26, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

Best jumpsuit I’ve ever seen! xoxo

The Occasional Indulgence

8. Sarah Kyle (Lady Go Lightly) March 26, 2013 at 1:14 pm #

love the romper

9. Meghan, Flight of Fancy March 26, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

you are too cute in that jumpsuit!

10. Fran March 27, 2013 at 3:55 am #

Super cute, and they look so comfortable! I think you’ve almost swayed my view on overalls…

• erin (calivintage) March 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

you should try them! i always stayed away from them because i thought they would eat me alive, but they’re actually really easy to wear!

11. Katie March 27, 2013 at 9:37 am #

THIS sweater <3

12. Trendy Mondays March 27, 2013 at 10:29 am #

Love you in this jumpsuit. And the yellow shoes are super cute!!

Trendy Mondays – your online fashion destination for independent European designer brands

13. liz March 28, 2013 at 10:29 am #

so cute. majorly jealous that you’re in hawaii. SF has been grey and dreary all week long. even rain (as long as it’s warm-ish) would be a welcome respite from the meh weather we’ve got going on.

heard you’ll be at the pretty penny vintage anniversary party. gonna try to make it out there.

GYPSI

• erin (calivintage) March 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

oh yes! i will be selling a small collection of vintage pieces. i hope you can make it out!!

14. kitsune-kun March 28, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

this scenery is so gorgeous! what PERFECT lighting! did you know they filmed jurassic park on kauai? so fun.

• erin (calivintage) March 28, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

ooh, we just heard about this! did you see that they re-released jurassic park in 3d? totally gonna go see it on the big screen!

15. lulila March 29, 2013 at 5:59 am #

Absolute in love with this, Erin!
    Your blog is one of my daily inspirations!Thank you!;)

1. rinse and repeat - calivintage by calivintage - May 6, 2013

[...] cycle. i guess for the same reason, i don’t tend to take pictures of repeat outfits (or super similar outfits) and post them on my blog. but this does not mean that i don’t wear some of the same things [...]